In Your Shoes, a giving circle, stays involved with the Westborough community in various ways. In addition to awarding grants to residents in need, IYS participates in community events and fundraising.
- Free Stone Soup supper for Westboro residents during the break of town meeting (three years)
- 4th of July block party each year
- Knights of Columbus Thanksgiving Dinner: setup and donation
- Westborough Senior Center community dinners
- Veterans baskets for Flag Day and Veterans Day: donated to approx. 12 retired veterans in town
- Spring Rotary Festival (Rotary Club)
- Polar Plunge: 2009-2011 raised funds for Westborough Food Pantry, Westborough Youth & Family Services and Westborough Emergency Services (police and fire)
- Sponsorships: 2012 Lustgarten Foundation Vegas Night and Fun Run
In Your Shoes Presents $625 "Pass the Torch"
Donation to Food Pantry
Over the summer, In Your Shoes, a giving circle (IYS), ran a "Pass the Torch" program that tied in with the London Summer Olympic Games. The goal of the "Pass the Torch" program was to help restock the Westborough Food Pantry throughout the summer months when donations tend to be low.
Laminated cardboard torches started popping up in people's yards around town. They asked that torch recipients donate to the Westborough Food Pantry and then pass the torch to a friend or neighbor. The Westborough community response was fabulous.
Not only did the program bring in over 1,500 pounds of food for the pantry, but also $625 in cash donations. In Your Shoes is grateful for the help and enthusiasm of the Westborough Fire Department and the Westborough Public Library, who served as drop-off locations for the food.
In Your Shoes encourages the Westborough community to continue to support the food pantry with donations. At the presentation ceremony, Westborough Food Pantry Director, Phil Kittredge stated that they serve over 114 families in total, averaging 80 per week.
Learn more about In Your Shoes and how IYS helps Westborough residents in need and how to become a member.
In Your Shoes, a giving circle, is a non-profit organization working to contribute time, talents, and monetary resources to those in the Westborough community who are in need.
In Your Shoes